- This event has passed.
February 10 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm| $349.99
4v4 Quick-Hit Ultimate Tournament
Get a great morning workout in – four hours of non-stop play! Register early (including paying!) to confirm your spot in this exclusively intimate tournament.
Registration deadline: January 9th, 2018
See the Facebook event to check out your competition, look for a team, or offer a carpool!
The 4v4 Variation follows the USA Ultimate 11th Edition Rules with the following exceptions:
- Games are played by teams of 4 on the field with a gender ratio of 2/2 (See UC’s 2017 annoucement, note our transgender inclusivity policy).
- The playing field size is a rectangle shape measuring 18m x 30m. Endzones are 3m deep.
- Only 2 pulls every game: at the beginning of the game and after halftime. Each team pulls once.
- Brick mark is set at 2m in front of the endzone line.
- After a point is scored, the disc is left in the endzone at the spot in which it was caught. Play restarts in that same endzone (i.e., no pull after every point). The team that was scored upon checks the disc in play once the defence is ready.
- Maximum 30 second delay between points. Play resumes when either:
- 30 seconds have elapsed, or
- Both teams are ready through a check.
- If 25 seconds elapses and the offense has not put the disc in play, then defense warns the offense and counts down from 5, after ‘1’ has been said aloud the defense may begin to count stalls. If 25 seconds have elapsed and the defense is not ready, then the offense warns the defense and begins to count down from 5. After ‘1’ has been said aloud, the offense may put the disc into play.
- Players may only sub on and off the field between points or from an injury timeout.
- 3-minute halftime at the scheduled midpoint of the game.
- Teams switch sides at the half.
- Teams have 1 timeout per half.
- A timeout lasts 60 seconds.
- Before a game begins, the Captains should agree on a time piece if a clock is not easily visible from the playing field.