A New Chapter
This past weekend, we hosted 48 teams who played a grand total of 168 games to kick off the outdoor touring season at Sunnybrook Park.
We continued the tradition of the tournament’s predecessors, Toronto Sport and Social Club’s Toronto Ultimate Festival (TUF) and Toronto Ultimate Club’s Toronto Ultimate Tournament (TUT). The tournament was established circa 1994, this year likely marking its 24th anniversary. It is an important early season outdoor tournament which many teams use for inter-regional play and final cuts for tryout prospects. Read more for teams, tales, results and prizes.
An Ultimate tournament is made up of dozen of individual stories. Here are just a few of the tales we know of:
- In addition to players from all over Ontario, players came in from Quebec, Manitoba and British Columbia for this tournament.
- Several players played with teams in two different divisions, and at least three players who played 14 games this weekend!
- A new touring team from Sudbury, with several players new to touring, connected with a local touring coach who gave them tips to at least one win. They hope to connect again in the near future!
- Strong teams who took the opportunity to provide coaching moments to their opponents.
- A guy who is moving away (literally flew out Sunday night) to start life in a new city, but played one last weekend with his friends.
- Three club teams sent split squads this weekend and all three of them played their other half in the championship bracket.
- This was one of the first tournaments we know in Canada, to encourage WFDF Rule A, in support of gender equity.
Do you have a story to share? Let us know!
Spirit is important to us at our events, and in the community and sport in general. As such, we are recognizing the spirit winners from the tournament first.
- VC Ultimate Shopping Spree
- cash prize OR full free team admission to TUX 2019 (est. $500+ value)
Thank You Sponsors
VC Ultimate offered exclusive team jersey deals and tournament prizing:
- 20% off Sublimated Jerseys, ready in just 4 weeks!
- Premium VC screen printed jerseys and tanks or for an all-in $30 (includes HST and local GTA delivery)!
- In-stock Pivot screen printed jerseys for only $20, and reversible mesh tanks for $20!
Contact VC at email@example.com for more information or a no-obligation estimate and mock-up.
Are you looking to get your word and product out there? If you would be interested in coming on board as a sponsor of the event, contact us via our contact page to learn more about opportunities.
Want to play more Ultimate?
We have a number of other events coming up this summer. Here are just a few that you might be interested in.